Visual Doom Competition 2017 - How to start?
We assume you know how ViZDoom works. If not, please read the tutorial.
What you should do
- Install Docker (the virtualization software) and nvidia-docker (if you want to use CUDA).
- Clone CIG2017 competition repository from github.
- Build the host (./build.sh host).
- Build some agents e.g. ./build.sh random; ./build.sh f1
- Run the host for a single player (./run.sh host -p 1 --watch) (display is required for --watch)
- Run an agent (./run.sh random)
- If there are no errors it most probably works. If you used --watch you can watch the game as an invisible, invincible, flying spectator.
- Now to build your own agent you should probably analyze random, f1 and intelact. There is also a chance that you'll want to train with builtin bots in non-network mode. In that case you should look at no_host example which enables you to spawn a deathmatch with bots.
- Read more about prepareing a submission
# 2. Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/ebonyclock/vizdoom_cig2017
# 3. Build the host
# 4. Build some agents e.g.
# ./build.sh f1
# ./build.sh intelact
# 5. Run the host for 1 player (display is required for --watch)
./run.sh host -p 1 --watch
# 6. Run an agent